[Skip to Content]

Access Your Post Whilst You Are Away

Wednesday 16th June 2010

Whether on a gap year or student working holiday, you could still receive your post

If you still need or want to receive your post on your gap year, career break or extended holiday you could try the Post Office redirection service, but if you are moving around with no fixed address, it is going to be difficult for letters from home to find you.  Email is great, but sometimes a letter you can access and read whilst away from home really hits the spot.

A new service from Scan My Post will give you a service address that friends, family and even banks and other companies can use. Mail addressed to you and your new service address is then opened, scanned and uploaded to your account so you can read it online.

The process is easy:

  • Visit the Scan My Post website and sign up - you get a unique UK Postal Address and a password protected online account
  • Scan My Post receive and scan any letters sent to that address - content is uploaded to your online account
  • You are sent an SMS or Email to alert you to new mail
  • You login to read and manage your mail

Any post received by Scan My Post, a fully licensed credit reference agency with a Worldwide Data Protection Licence, can also be forwarded to you for a handling fee, or stored until you return from your trip.  If you want to see your post whilst on a gap year, career break or extended holiday visit their website below and consider signing up for an account.